Samsara Telematics Solution
Samsara offers a complete Internet of Things (IoT) portfolio that combines hardware, software, and the cloud to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI) to its customers.
The Following dives into features, and the pros and cons of Samsara’s GPS tracking and ELD packages, as well as a final review of both solutions.
The Top 5 Samsara Features
- Real-time vehicle and asset location with a “helicopter view.”
- A myriad of alerts that include safety, maintenance, location, and critical conditions.
- Cloud-based and scalable solution for businesses of all sizes.
- Open application program interfaces (APIs) that facilitate integration with other software solutions.
- Document capture and sharing.
The Pros of Samsara Fleet Management
- User-friendly setup and configuration and ongoing ease of use.
- Provides quick responses to questions and recommendations from customers.
- ELD is self-certified and registered with FMCSA.
- The user interface has a modern and intuitive design.
- Offers tracking features that include reefer trailer monitoring.
The Cons of Samsara Fleet Tracking
- Have only been in business since 2015.
- User reviews report hardware durability issues.
- Some user reviews complain about false-positive speeding alerts.
- IFTA reporting lacks detail.
The Final Verdict
Founded in 2015, Samsara is a relatively new company. However, it has managed to build a service that supports practically every need for a fleet tracking solution.
Samsara’s platform is one of the few that provides actual real-time, second-by-second tracking. Most GPS tracking providers use one to three-minute device updates.
The system includes all the most common and necessary features, including routing and dispatch, fuel tracking, ELD compliance, driver vehicle inspection reports (DVIRs), document capture, driver safety scores, and automatic alerts for speeding idling, and geofences.
Samsara also offers more uncommon advanced features, such as in-cab Wi-Fi hotspots and reefer monitoring. They also monitor specialized equipment such as snowplows, street sweepers, and power takeoff (PTO).
Users praise Samsara’s solutions as easy to install and use, with a modern and intuitive design.
Would You Like to Know More?
Complete the form below to receive free quotes customized for your business from top GPS tracking providers who can help you solve business challenges, including driver accountability, improving safety, increasing efficiency, and compliance.