Omnitracs GPS Fleet Tracking Solutions
Omnitracs provides fleet management solutions designed to improve productivity, reliability, routing, safety, and compliance. Omnitracs is one of the largest providers of GPS tracking managing over 1.1 million assets for customers in over 70 countries.
The following dives into features, pros, and cons of the Omnitracs GPS tracking and ELD solutions, as well as a final review of both platforms.
The Top Omnitracs Features
- Real-time integrated dispatching
- In-cab video monitoring
- The HoursGo app allows drivers to remotely check logs and clock in and out.
- Critical event reporting.
- In-cab document management.
The Pros of Omnitracs
- Omnitracs Strategic Planner is a product that uses different data and reference points to optimize territories and routes for your mobile workforce.
- Critical event video shows exactly what happened in the moments leading up to a collision, increasing driver accountability, and exoneration.
- Weigh Station Bypass includes over 700 sites – long-haul businesses increase revenue and save driver time because they don’t have to stop as much.
The Cons of Omnitracs
- There can be a learning curve as there are many aspects to the system.
- It can take a while to run reports.
- The price point is higher than other providers, but they do have a lot to offer.
The Final Verdict
Serving the fleet industry since the 1980s, Omnitracs knows how to provide customers with scalable solutions that fit each fleet’s individual needs.
Omnitracs’ Fault Code Monitoring and Extended Fault Monitoring provides alerts for up to 35,000 universal fault codes, almost immediately after an error occurs.
The analytics reports managers can generate are sure to provide accurate insight into the fleet’s overall health.
The major drawback here seems to be the price point. Many customers on review sites cited the high up-front cost and monthly fees as a potential strain. Smaller fleets might especially view the high costs as a drawback.
However, because Omnitracs has a myriad of options, fleets who are serious about using technology to increase efficiency — and eventually decrease other operational costs — might find the price tag worth it.
Would You Like to Know More?
Complete the form below to receive free quotes customized for your business from top GPS tracking providers who can help you solve business challenges, including driver accountability, improving safety, increasing efficiency, and compliance.